Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Grenade Mod in Minecraft, 1.8

Lately, I have gotten into modding Minecraft. My project has been making a grenade mod, so my friends and I would be able to have fun with handheld explosives.

It is awesome!

Having a deathmatch with grenades is very fun, and exciting.

There are five types of grenades implemented at the moment, however I have two others that I'm considering.

The first grenade is a simple impact grenade. It hits the ground, and BOOM! a crater!
It actually has only half of the explosive power of TNT, but it has the bonus of being handheld and better transfer of damage to the ground (since it's closer than the center of a TNT block).

Second, is the timed grenade. It has slightly more gunpowder, adding to the explosion! The downside is that it is on a timer, and can bounce. It certainly isn't the easiest!
I see you!
So... tempting... Right... in... the... middle...
In the above picture, the grenade bounced when it hit the ground, and nearly fell off the edge of my testing platform! This bounce factor, however, can easily be turned into an advantage...
















The next grenade is one of my favorites from Halo. It's called the sticky grenade. It sticks to whatever surface (or person) it touches, and gives them a short period to shriek before it explodes, usually killing the poor person. I've replicated it with one of the most complex grenades in the mod.

It has the same power as the timed grenade, so if the explosion doesn't kill the victim, the fall damage will.

Last of the implemented hand grenades is the incendiary grenade. It has a minuscule blast. One quarter of TNT's power, but it sets fire to it's surroundings with the internal blaze powder.
Good uses of this grenade would be: Temporary blocking off tight spaces, scaring your opponent into the water (Where he is slow), and burning down bridges.

Now things get even more interesting. I even added an RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade). It has the same explosion as the impact grenade, but it requires an RPG launcher in order to fire. It has an extremely long range, and is very scary to see coming toward you.
(Just in case you can't see, I got three direct hits)
It has the slowest fire-rate of them all, and it makes a clicking sound if you try to fire faster.

That's all of the implemented grenades.

Want to download it? Here you go!

Download

Grenade Mod: Download!

If you find any bugs, let me know in the comments. I will do my best to fix them.

Planned Features

Additions:
- Smoke grenade
- Grenade launcher (like in Halo: Reach)

Fixes:
- Will fix RPG launcher not staying loaded in between world loads
- Will make grenades gain the momentum of player (making the mod more realistic)

2 comments:

  1. XRay Mod It is imperative that we read thread post very carefully. I am already done it and find that this post is really amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment.

      I've wondered a few times what goes on under the hood of an X-Ray mod. I've never downloaded one partially because it would be a very costly mistake to join a server and be banned due to forgetting to remove it.

      I think in single-player, it would remove most of the fun (and the yell of "DIAMONDS!!!" when your hard work pays off).

      *snicker* If I were to make an X-Ray mod, I would set it up to privately message the admins when it's activated.

      Delete

I've been forced to enable comment moderation. Your comment will now have to be looked over before it's allowed.

I'd love to hear from you, but unfortunately, jerk spammers have been taking advantage of commenting. They've been using it as advertising for BAD stuff.

Spammers, please don't make me get out the ban-hammer.
This is why we can't have nice things.