Thursday, August 28, 2014

Kerbal Space Program wish list

Since Kerbal Space Program is currently in alpha and there are a lot of things to add to it I came up with a few things that I thought should be added:

- MULTIPLAYER!! Use Steam profile so my friend and I can play together. (I just want to secretly de-orbit his space station. >:) )

- Options for RCS thrusters to assist rotation or translation, or both. This would really increase the RCS efficiency for docking because the reaction wheels can handle the rotation... for the most part.

- Biomes on other planets Thank you!

- Re-entry heat and damage (I can currently send my Kerbals straight down in a capsule, hitting the atmosphere at 10 kilometers per second and they still touch down in one piece, not to mention uncooked.)


Mission Control... I don't feel like I'm burning any fat at all...
 

- Gas planets 2, 3, and 4 with their moons.

- Rings around some of the gas planets that yield lots of science from many of the science modules (crew report, impossible to EVA maybe, gravity scan resulting in lots of small fluctuations, perhaps even another module similar to the deep impact data collector.)

- Something that makes it worthwhile to make planetary bases. Currently space stations are the most efficient method of storing fuel and kerbals due to the better ease of access. Thanks for the contracts!

- Better aerodynamics.

Here are some ideas that I had for existing and future planets that may be slightly unrealistic, and that I won't be disappointed if they aren't added to the game.

- A double planet with two planet sized bodies acting as moons circling a "center of gravity" which in turn orbits the sun. If there has to be a physical object at the center then it can be super small with the F3 log message being "ship was torn apart by gravity of double planet" when you crash into it.

- Tilted planets, so we could have seasons, and Uranus!

I will update this post continually as I get new ideas for what could be added and as my old ideas get implemented.

I hope Squad sees these ideas and finds them interesting and worthwhile.

Updated 3/10/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been forced to enable comment moderation. Your comment will now have to be looked over before it's allowed.

I'd love to hear from you, but unfortunately, jerk spammers have been taking advantage of commenting. They've been using it as advertising for BAD stuff.

Spammers, please don't make me get out the ban-hammer.
This is why we can't have nice things.