Tuesday, July 22, 2014

An exciting day in Minecraft

Earlier today I was playing survival Minecraft with my sister and a friend, and quite a few interesting things happened.

First off, we had an encounter with a witch very early in the game. We had only two bows, four arrows, and stone swords. All of us had low health and two people were freaking out... well, I kinda joined in when the witch detected me and chased my sister and me across a small field. From the safety of the hidey hole my friend and I split the arrows between us (we were the only ones with bows), and launched the attack. It would have been a perfect victory if my sister hadn't stepped in front of me just as I released the arrow and promptly died. My second arrow fared better. We charged in, and finished it off as it was trying to drink healing potions. Sorry, I didn't get any screenshots.

Afterwards, my friend and I went off exploring a vast plains biome. My sister got blown up several times by naughty creepers. When we were pretty far away night fell and we got involved in some fun mob fights. After a fight with two skeletons, the arrow teleporting bug (which puts arrows on the wrong part of you when you are hit) did something very funny. An arrow that hit around the front, found it's way to my friend's backside and stuck up... forming a perfect tail. (Screenshot!)


After finding it impossible to edit the brightness via paint, I did a little photo editing.

 
The next battle took place near the beach in the background. A couple of creepers took the chance to blow my friend up, scattering his inventory everywhere. I took his iron sword to finish off a skeleton that was dominating me from the high ground. I took what my inventory would allow me, his iron stuff, and swam for my life from the army of monsters coming at me. Because I was lost, I had to go to my sister's computer to get the coordinates for home. When I got home, I returned the iron to it's excited owner.

Just a little bit later, my friend and I were in a huge ravine with no escape route (my sister was farming). As we were going along the ridge my friend was educating a confused me on the subject of Y.O.L.O. You Only Live Once. I think my confusion was understandable because, after all, we weren't on hard core mode. After some strip mining and getting terrified out of our minds by silverfish stone, we decided to leave. With him at one heart, and me at three hearts, we spiral mined up... without help from the two skeletons across from us. At about 50 y height I noticed that I had no chicken legs, "This is a horrible way to die. trapped under ground," I told my friend. Finally, at over 100 y height we heard sheep, and at 126 we got out, finally! After that we split up, desperately searching for food. We met up at the hidey hole, and started smelting the ores.

That concluded our first couple hours of the new game.

1 comment:

I've been forced to enable comment moderation. Your comment will now have to be looked over before it's allowed.

I'd love to hear from you, but unfortunately, jerk spammers have been taking advantage of commenting. They've been using it as advertising for BAD stuff.

Spammers, please don't make me get out the ban-hammer.
This is why we can't have nice things.